Car Rental South Africa
Hire a car to explore Cape Town and the Garden Route; rent a car to visit Kruger National Park and Kwa-Zulu Natal; 4x4 rental or SUV hire for Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Swaziland and the Drakensberg. View the fleet & rates, chat with us live or by email, and book your rental car today.
Hertz, the World's No.1 vehicle rental company since 1918 General Rental Information
All vehicles are rented subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Hertz Rental Agreement, which must be signed by all renters on pickup of their vehicles. This page is for information purposes only, and is a brief summary of the Hertz terms and conditions.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rands (ZAR). Rates and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include maintenance, oil and VAT, but exclude fuel.
- The minimum rental period is 24 hours. Rentals are charged in periods of 24 hours from the date and time of checkout. A 24 hour (one day) minimum charge applies.
- Availability -Certain groups and/or models may not be available at a particular branch.
- Clients must have a Credit Card. Debit Cards are not accepted. Deposits and / or authorization will be collected at the time of rental to cover the fuel charges and excess responsibility. Any additional charges will be billed to the renter on termination.
-The name on the Confirmation must also be the name on the Credit Card and the signatory on the rental agreement.
- UNLIMITED or LIMITED mileage
- Standard or Additional Insurance Cover
- High or Low Excess options
- Instant Car Hire Quotes
Customised Rental Partner Portals Enquire now with us and we will organise a rental plan to suit you - whether you’re after unlimited mileage, a zippy little number for a month’s rental or a fancy car to impress passers by...
Reserve your car well in advance. This will ensure that we are able to provide the exact car group of your exact choice. We will need the following information:
• the name of the driver
• the car group you prefer
• the date of rental
• collection and delivery locations
Most Car Hire Companies do not accept debit cards/cheque cards the credit card number must be raised. The rate you are charged depends on the duration of the rental and your choice of car - luxury or economy, large or small. We can offer daily, weekly and monthly rates and the minimum rental period is 24 hours.